The wooden wobble balance board from Yes4All is a versatile piece of exercise equipment. Being one of the cheapest balance boards, it’s no wonder it has thousands of customer reviews online. It is generally a go-to option for improving balance, coordination, and core strength.
Unlike other Balance boards, the wooden wobble boards all have the same appearance and vary little in their features. Generally, they consist of a circular wooden board on top that is connected to a half-sphere stationary base. However, Yes4All stands out with the number of different models they offer. It comes in nine color options for the classic model and two more for the upgraded board model. The upgraded board has two handle holes for easier transportation and features a removable base that converts the balance board to a twisting disc.
As mentioned before, most wooden wobble balance boards are more or less the same, and there are only a few safety features that they can have:
- The grip on top of the board, Yes4Aall company, covers a large surface with a non-skidding grip. It provides good friction when used with shoes, socks, or bare feet. Unfortunately, if you plan to use it daily with shoes, the grip wears off quickly, and you’ll need to replace it. You can easily use grip tape intended for skateboards.
- Textured base, since the board balances on its base, some companies added a little texture to prevent the board from sliding. Yes4All didn’t adopt this feature and utilized a smooth plastic base that can be slippery on tiles or wooden floors. While trying out a board with a textured base, we didn’t notice that much of a friction increase, therefor we’d suggest using a flexible office chair mat that will increase friction and save your floors from dents and scuff marks.
Best uses for Wooden Wobble Balance Board
Yes4All wobble board is a universal piece of exercise equipment with various uses. If your main goal is to increase balance, stability, coordination, and core strength, I’d recommend picking a roller balance board. But this is an excellent choice if your main objective is adding a little balance challenge to your existing workouts, using it for physical therapy and rehabilitation, or strengthening your legs and feet.
Great for lower-leg workouts
Unlike other balance boards, the wobble disc-shaped ones are relatively narrow, forcing your feet into a tight stance. When balancing in this stance, your feet and legs will do most of the balancing. Maintaining the board balance both engages and relaxes your tibialis anterior and posterior muscles, there for just standing on the board offers quite a workout for your lower legs.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Another Great use for this board is to increase the range of motion and strengthen the muscles post-injury. Pressing one board’s edge to the ground makes a slight 15-degree angle, which is great for stretching your feet and increasing your range of motion. Since the wooden wobble balance board is relatively small, it can easily be placed under the desk next to your chair, enabling you to keep activating those feet muscles even while sitting by your desk.
Price and product specification
Wooden wobble balance boards are one of the cheapest, offering great value for low cost, and Yes4All is no exception. Their classic balance board should only cost you 20$ or less.
|Item package dimensions L x W x H||16 x 16 x 3.5 inches (41 x 41 x 9 centimeters)|
|Warranty||1 year warranty and 60 day return|
|Package weight||3.8 lbs (1.72 Kilograms)|
|Available Colors||Available in Black, blue, purple, red and many other designs|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||300 lbs (136 Kilograms)|
|Country of Origin||China|
Other great balance board reviews
- Durable: The board is assembled to last, featuring quality wood and a thick plastic base that can withstand heavy use.
- Easy to use: It’s one-piece balance equipment that requires no setup.
- Affordable: One of the most affordable balance equipment.
- Great for fitness: Can be used to enhance most regular fitness exercises.
- Can be used for rehabilitation: The board can be useful for individuals recovering from certain injuries or surgeries, as it can help improve balance and coordination.
- Portable: The board is small enough to be used under the desk or beside a standing desk.
- Limited range of motion: The board’s range of motion is limited, which may be a drawback for those looking for a more dynamic and versatile piece of equipment.
- Can be boring: This balance board feels more like an exercise than an exciting activity.
In summary, the Yes4All Wooden Wobble Balance Board may be less versatile and fun than other types of balance boards. However, it’s a piece of affordable exercise equipment that I regularly use to stretch and work out my feet and lower leg muscles. Its compact size also makes it easy to use at home or the office, and Yes4All allows us a touch of personalization with its vast array of color options. Overall, the Yes4All balance board is an excellent investment for anyone looking to improve their physical well-being.